All UA students are required to complete the online Mandatory Reporting training module before they begin their field experience. Since you will be working with children, you must understand your legal obligation to report suspected abuse, neglect, and other reportable offenses. As you progress through the module, you are required to use the video clips and accompanying materials to complete the Note-Taker below. You must give/email the Note-Taker to your Program Director as evidence that you have met the Mandatory Reporting requirement.
- Describe the obligations a student teacher/teacher has as a mandatory reporter
- Define physical injury, child abuse, abuse, and neglect
- Define “reportable offenses”
- Specify the timeframe followed when filing a report
- Identify the agency/agencies with whom reports are filed